Wiltshire Council has confirmed that it intends to begin a phased reopening of its leisure services from 3 August, following recent confirmation from the Government that leisure centres can reopen with social distancing measures in place.
From 3 August, Five Rivers Health and Wellbeing Centre, Salisbury, will open their doors to the public for the first time since 20 March, with customers able to initially access the fitness suite, swimming pool and group exercise classes.
To manage the number of people at each centre at any given time, customers must book in advance, and follow social distancing and increased hygiene measures. Facilities such as cafes and creches will remain closed at this stage, and due to the restrictions on group swimming it is not possible to continue with under 16s free swimming at present.
Five Rivers will be open from 12pm-8pm Monday to Friday and 8am-3pm at Weekends.
The following facilities and services will be available:
- Fitness suites, group exercise classes and swimming are the activities currently available at the centres
- Swimming and gymnastics lessons, along with the Active Health 12 week programme including circuits, aqua and specialist classes will not resume until at least September. We will update with more information when we have it.
- Racket sports and other activities will be considered in due course
- Access will be through pre-booked sessions only, with sessions for gym and swim lasting no more than 45 minutes
- Session capacities will be reduced to ensure social distancing
- People should arrive ready for their workout/fitness class/swim and leave promptly after it has finished
- Showers will not be available but there will be changing provision for swimmers after sessions
- Some toilets will be available for use in each leisure centre
- Currently there is no further sports hall usage
- All other services are not available at this time, including birthday parties, creches, cafés, squash, and health suites, where applicable
- Please arrive dressed ready to swim with your costume / shorts on underneath your clothes
- No changing room facilities will be available on the way into the swimming pool
- You will be allocated a place on poolside for your belongings during your swim session
- After your session, changing room facilities will be available for you to change, although no showers will be available at this time.
- Sessions will be available for 45 minutes throughout the day – all availability will be displayed on the online booking website
- Some gym equipment will be spaced out to allow social distancing
- Some centres will have their gym equipment in alternative locations within the centre
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use
- Changing facilities will not be available to you at this time, either before, or after your session.