Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue will be opening recruitment for whole time firefighters in October.
Do you have what they need?
If you think you can’t be a firefighter because you don’t meet the stereotype you have in your head, think again! If you care about the safety of others and want to be part of the community, working to help keep communities safe, this could be the job for you.
Do you have these characteristics?
- Are you a role model who leads by example?
- Are you a team player?
- Want to work within your community and make a difference?
- Looking for a challenging and rewarding career?
- Do you have respect for diversity, with a fair and ethical approach?
- Do you have physical and mental strength?
- Are you calm under pressure, with the ability to work outside your comfort zone?
- Can you stay focused and achieve a goal under stressful emergency situations?
- Do you have the drive, ability and initiative to make a positive personal impact?
- Are you able to work at height and in dark confined spaces?
Watch their short video to find out more.
Find out more on Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue’s website – https://www.dwfire.org.uk/working-for-us/wholetime-recruitment/