The countdown is on!
There are now just two weeks until the first Taste Salisbury begins, with ten days of foodie festivities to take place from 27th August.
Taste Salisbury will celebrate the wonderful array of food and drink venues, producers and sellers that can be found in the city and local region.
Salisbury BID, Salisbury City Council and Experience Salisbury are working in partnership to produce the exciting city-wide fiesta, with events and special promotions throughout the duration.
Mayor of Salisbury, Cllr Caroline Corbin said: “Over the last few months Salisbury has really come alive again. It’s been great to see people back in the city centre and events taking place. There is a real sense of vibrancy and Taste Salisbury will build on that, bringing a festival feel to the city for ten days. With so much on offer in Salisbury, there will be plenty to flavour, whatever your taste!”
With just two weeks to go, preparations for Taste Salisbury are in full swing. Events and special promotions include:
- • On both 28th and 29th August there will be free outdoor theatre in the grounds of Salisbury Art Centre, with a Taste Salisbury twist! The family-friendly event will not only include live music from local artists but tasty homemade treats and a cool glass of Pimms to embrace the food and drink festivities.
- • 2nd September Pizza Venti will be offering an all you can eat Taste Salisbury special menu for just £15 per person.
- • 3rd September is Perfect Pairings. An evening of delicious food, wine and music in the beautiful setting of the walled garden of Arundells in the Cathedral Close. Artisan Wine and Spirit Co will have a selection of wines to taste while Talk Eat Laugh offers the perfect canapes to compliment the drinks.
- • Across the ten days, there will be the chance to experience the very best of modern British cuisine with Allium’s special Taste Salisbury tasting menus.
- • Special promotions for Taste Salisbury include: a free bottle of local wine with a pizza at Milford Hall Hotel and discounts on award-winning sausages at Pritchetts Family Butchers
- • Taste Salisbury will culminate in Salisbury City Council’s Food & Drink Festival on 5th September. The event, in the Market Place, will showcase a range of street food vendors, a speciality food market and food demos. There will also be a Great Salisbury Bake Off competition with categories for under 16’s and those above that age!
Dan Collins, Business Manager at Salisbury BID, said: “It is brilliant to see so many businesses get involved in the first Taste Salisbury. There has been a lot of collaborative work, which has been encouraging to see. Through Taste Salisbury businesses will be given the opportunity to showcase what they have to offer to local residents and visitors. We all know it’s been a tough few years for our hospitality venues but now we can get behind them and support business recovery whilst enjoying the amazing food and drink on offer here.”
More details on Taste Salisbury events and special promotions can be found on the Experience Salisbury website.